Saturday, January 1, 2011

in the end, we will only just remember how it feels.



a lesson a day. every day of 2011. a new idea to carry through the year.

today's lesson? there are millions of blessings all around me every day.

i was sitting and visiting with my family, my aunt and uncle this afternoon, hearing stories of how important it was to them to take care of family, without thinking, without asking anything in return. whether it be through money or advice or help with laundry or with tuition. i listened as my parents and my aunt and uncle all said the same thing - they'd do anything for my brother and me and their girls (as they always have). i got a little teary-eyed sitting there today, thinking of how blessed i've always been to have the kind of support i do.

my best girlfriends and i went to dinner tonight to exchange christmas gifts (we're always a little behind) and catch up (even though we talk every day). we shared our meal, silly stories and hours of laughter, along with our plans for the new year that all require a great deal of support from each other. i had the same thought again, knowing that support would be there, just as it always has been - i'm so, so blessed.

it is a wonderful way to start the new year, visiting with family and friends and laughing until my face and stomach both hurt. and it's a wonderful feeling to know i don't have to look far (i don't really have to look at all) to see and to know the blessings all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News