Sunday, January 2, 2011

i can't stay in the middle of it all.

i spent a good amount of time today with the treadmill (my new best friend), walking and running and trying to convince myself i enjoy running. the weird part is, i don't completely hate it anymore, but it's still a challenge for me. i'm learning, though, if i can concentrate on my breathing or the music i'm listening to, and get my mind off the actual running, things go much, much better. the key is keeping my focus, which is hard for me to do - a million different thoughts seem to be on my mind at any given time. today's lesson, then, on this second day in january, is simple - distraction works. if you can concentrate on the good, the not-so-good begins to either disappear or get better.

["i was doing something i'd never done before. and what will i be able to do tomorrow that i cannot yet do today?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent News